Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Potholders Galore!

Hi All! So I've been busy making hot pads/potholders. I've gotten quite a few made with the scarce supply of cotton yarn I have on hand. I'm trying to find a cheaper way to get cotton so I can have a better color selection at home. If anyone has any secrets let me know. So here are a few of my hot pads/potholders. I didn't save where I got the pattern from, but I'm sure you can find the pattern by "googling" it.
This is the first one, and my favorite. (Of course it's the last one I finished and my "last" project tends to be my favorite). The pattern is called Sunburst Granny Square and the pattern has a 6" and 7" variation. Like I said I'm sure you can find it by using Google or Bing.
This one is called the Pretty Petals Potholder. The pattern is an older one from the looks of the one I printed out, but it looks pretty nice. I've made a few of these in different color combos. They are on Flickr and you can access them by clicking in the right.

Granny Afghan Update: Not much to update. I finished all the squares I had in progress and I still need 18. Of course I have run out of yarn and am waiting on Vanna's Choice to go on sale somewhere so I can finish it up.

Sewing Update: So sewing and I are not getting along at the moment.

Teaser: I bought a great "Scootie" pattern from Annie's Attic last night and I can't wait to get started on it. Of Course I have to wait for a yarn sale but hopefully that will be in an upcoming post. ;)

So that's all for now. I start classes tomorrow night so it maybe a week or two before I can get back on here. Hopefully I will have something new to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment